Monday, August 13, 2012

THANK God or the insurance folk

Remember our daughter's scorpion sting that came with a $64,000 bill?

Here's what I saw in my "explanation of benefits" today...


  $337.80
Your total responsibility:

Amount You Saved:
$63,565.99

We still have a small payment to the actual ER doctor...
but I wasn't looking forward to potentially paying 20% or even 10% of that!

Of course, this is the same stuff that goes for $100 a vial in Mexico... and we didn't do anything but test it on 500 kiddos in the US (without changing it), one of whom was our son... and then start using it!

For me I'm happy, but for families who do not have insurance... you may be talking bankruptcy :(


See also:
How much does anascorp cost?
4 year old stung by scorpion

UPDATE: Public outcry lowers cost of anascorp

No comments: