Monday, June 4, 2012

Successful-ish Vat Savitri day by a non-Hindu

111_507971548847_6844_n
As mentioned last night, I decided to up the ante a bit and follow through a tradition that occurs in many Hindu families, even though I'm not Hindu and my husband was raised with Hindu traditions, but is not religious at all.

So my day did not start with a ritual cleaning (one, I have no idea what the ritual for the bath would be), and then I did not find my way by foot to a Banyan tree. A google search of Phoenix did not find me one.... But, I did follow most of today's fast - I made sabudana as I was told this was allowed. Nice way to round out the dinner :)

Oh and I also did the ritual of touching my husband's feet when he came home. He still had his shoes on... so not so good, I guess. After 5.5 years of marriage, I probably should have known better!


No comments: