Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Pain of regret or the pain of lack of sleep

I was having some pretty severe lower stomach pain in my left side. It wasn't really in one spot and wasn't a stretch, ligament pain or gas. I was doubled over for a few minutes and so I was laying over some pillows and it sort of migrated to my back, but not really. After a while, I was able to get up and get some water to drink. I had my husband look some stuff up on line and most were saying round ligament, which I know what that feels like for me and it wasn't... It subsided a bit but after an hour I called the OB line and they called back and by then it was mostly gone but it still comes every so often. She said that nothing internally is on my left side but to go to the ER if it didn't seem like it was going away or if I wasn't able to sleep because it was still painful.

We have to to Scottsdale to go to the ER since that's where they have privileges in case I'd have to be admitted. Ugh. Is it bad that I'm NOT going because I'm too tired to wait in the ER? I'm about to head to bed now and if it does get bad again I'll go, but honestly I'm just too tired. Last night V was up from 3 am - 5 am and I just need sleep.

I hope I don't regret it. Ugh.

Links:
http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/159_15241.asp
http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/bloggingpregnancy/2006/05/19/abdominal-pain-during-pregnancy/
--------------------
Edited to add... I slept fine and all is good :)

No comments: